Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blinking "User: <dn>" on IP phones connected through BCM50 redirected to CS1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosox1256

Technical User
Jan 17, 2014
US
Hello:

I currently have a multi-site setup with a mixture of digital and IP phones. At 2 of our remote sites, I have Nortel 2004p2 phones and 1230 phones connected through a BCM50 that are re-directed to the CS1000 at our main site.

For a while now, since we had our signaling server rebuilt (due to corruption), the phones at the 2 remote BCM50 locations have a message on then that says "User: xxx" (xxx being the DN number) and it just blinks on and off. Is there a way to turn that off? Running 6.0.

NOTE: I work at the main site and just started a 1230 IP phone at my location, and my phone does not do this. Figure there must be some kind of setting to turn this off.

Thank you!

The BCM must be configured as SRG if it redirects phones to CS1000. [smile]

The prompt is presented by the CS1000 signaling server. You cannot do anything about it on the BCM, because the phone is at that time controlled by CS1000. Hence, it would be better to ask this question on the CS1000 forum:

If I remember correctly, CS1000 prompts for a few pieces of info (user ID, TN) the first time it sees an IP phone. Once the information is provided, the signaling server instructs the phone to save this data in its non-volatile memory. The next time the phone boots this data is retrieved and used, so no prompts are then presented.

Thank you, I will post over there. Wasn't sure if it was the BCM causing this or the CS 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back