Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blinking cursor at boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billb1981

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2006
US
Here's a confusing one, I unplugged my console, it booted up ok, however I get a blinking cursor. I can go into setup and look at the terminal configuration, and even when I type it is being sent out to the printer, meaning I can even log into the pbx, but for some reason what I'm typing is not showing up on the montior, but is actually working as it is showing on the printout. So the keyboard works, any thoughts?

Sounds like you defaulted the terminal... it seems like you have a "local" printout selected, you will have to change that in the setup. Also your baud rate and parity may be off...start at 9600 81N then work down to 2400 1200...if that doesn't work change the parity to 71M/71E and try the same baud rates again.

PS.. if you have an SSC card the baud rate for TTY 0 (usually the terminal tty number) is there on the dip switch setting...setup your terminal accordingly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back