Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blind Transfer DR5 Modular 128 DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kidster

Technical User
Dec 26, 2003
CA
I have a customer that has a version of DR5 software on a modular 128 DS that will not announce transfer, just like DR4. When you transfer a call, it is a blind transfer with no option to announce. Does anyone know what release version / cartridge date or later that DR5 incorporated the announce transfer.

All of my DR5.0 documentation shows the announced transfer. In fact, my DR4 documentation shows the announced transfer, and then the JOIN softkey on an M7310, or M7324 set. Soooooooooo, GOOD QUESTION!

MarvO said it

I replaced the cartridge with a later rev /date of DR5 not 5.1 and now they have they can announce transfer. I also noticed that the trunks are now 3 digits. All is fine now but very strange early DR5 version, probably just enough to get startalk to work.
My DR4 software manual shows only blind transfer, no announce.

You might have had a BETA version of DR5. We used to do a lot of beta testing with customers before the actual release came out. (Good Old Days)

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back