Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blend one graphic ontop of another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kempyk

Technical User
Sep 18, 2003
GB
Hello,

I have just pasted one bitmap ontop of another and i need to fade the edges out of the top one so that it looks like just one image.

Any way of touching up is too crude for what i am doing, what i really need is a kind of linear transparency i can apply to each edge. Only problem is Corel only lets you make a single linear transparency on any one bitmap (or so i can figure thus far).

Anyone have any ideas? Surely there must be a tool to blend one image into another?

Cheers Peeps :eek:)

I think this sort of work would be best done in a bitmap editor ie Corel Photo Paint/Photoshop etc and them imported into Draw for additional bits ie text. Draw is very versatile but paint has more flexibility for this type of work.
Regards
Alan

Hi. Im not sure if this is the right way but its how ive done it before. In photopaint craete new image. Import both pictures into the image. Whichever one you want at the front right click on it and select object properties and you can select different levels of opacity. The other way is to select the picture then go to object on top menu and then select different levels of feather. Save work as a cpt image and import back into draw. Hope this helps if not post again.

Bernard Lawes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back