Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blend Colors With Text?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2007
Thanks for the recent help I've received at tek-tips. I am having good luck creating my logo in photoshop and importing it to my project in Final Cut Pro.

My question is, I know how to select the color for my text in Photoshop 7... but is there a way to blend that color with an additional color? Like, say, blue and yellow?

How would i do this?

Thanks again very much.

...try the gradient overlay in the layer effects options, double click the text layer or go to the layer style icon at the bottom of the layers palette...

...or through the main app menu under 'Layer'...

Andrew

Wow. Okay, that's quite a feature. Apepp, can you tell me please, how come I can sometimes select the text- highlight it- to work on, and other times not? If i select the font (T) button, it sometimes works... other times it doesn't.

If i select the marquis tool it lets me create rectangular shapes over my text, but not the text itself. I can't see any rhyme or reason to when it lets me select my text.

Thanks!

Are you certain you're clicked on the layer with the Text when trying to select it?

...just double click the 'T' icon in the layers palette to highlight the text you require if it plays up with text selection...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back