Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bleeding phone call conversations b/w 2 avaya 9611 phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

afb1

Technical User
Nov 21, 2022
US
would anyone have insight on why 2 9611 phones could hear one anothers phone converstaion. I dont believe they are conferenced to one another, but simply just bridged. and they're also not pots lines(which i thought was a touching copper issue)

Without any other programming, multiple users can pick up a shared bridged-appearance and join an ongoing conversation.

Exclusion provides privacy to keep others from entering a call on the shared bridged-appearance. There are three methods:

Exclusion Button (default) Users have an Exclusion button to enable/disable the feature
Automatic Exclusion by COS The Exclusion button is still required and may disable the feature
Buttonless Automatic Exclusion by COS Special Feature SA8879 – DCP Xfer Lamp Control / Buttonless Auto Exclusion must be enabled. The Exclusion button is not required, and Exclusion is always enabled

You can look under System Parameters Features and the COS-Group to set the Automatic Exclusion by COS

Is this a “I can hear it kind, with static and pops” etc? Start looking at your DSPs and wiring. Also check that you are running recent firmware on all the components (gateways, TN boards and telephones).

Or is it nice and clear, as in, purposeful mixing of the audio? If so, check out what zerozeroone was saying. It’s likely a programming issue. You can also see this stuff with a list tra station if it’s easily reproduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back