Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blaster network testing program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almow

Technical User
Jan 3, 2002
US
Has anyone every used Legato's "Blaster" network testing program? I'm not sure I want to try it in a production environment because it, of course, is not a supported product. Any hazards? Also, is it worth the effort?

Almo [bull]

I have used it many times and it is very helpfull in diagnosing a number of performance issues as noted in the readme file. I would recommend it highly.

mkkeane

I have a W2K backup server and client. Backup server has a Gig NIC and the client is 100mgbt. Ran Blaster and after 1.8 Gig it failed. In the client log file I have:

START cceexc10 Tue Oct 15 09:14:56 2002
send -- bad syscall (22) Invalid argument
Sent 0 pings

Does anyone know what this means. No errors on the backup server log file.

almo

I'm getting the same results, but I've got an NT client and a Windows 2000 backup server. My guess is that the blast_svc doesn't work on Windows 2000--that's why it doesn't recognize the transmission from the client.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back