Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blanks in Databse

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITeC

Technical User
Apr 9, 2002
GB
I have used two databasefields(fld1,fld2) on the report orderby fld1.my problem is , how can i supress fld1 and fld2 when fld2 found no data in database.where should i write the formating formula ..
iam using CRv8.5
thanks

Do you really want the record suppressed or do you want to assign a different value to it?

If you want it suppressed, right click on the field object, format, common tab. To the right of the suppress checkbox is a button lebels X-2. This is for conditional suppression. Hit that button and enter a formula:
isnull({Field1})

This will suppress the printing of the value of {field2} whever {field1}is null. WARNING: Suppression does not keep this field from evaluating in any summary operations.

To keep the field out of any summary operations, dump the conditional suppression approach and just create a formula field that tests for null values: If Isnull({Field1}) then <<value or exression>> else {Field2}. Then summarize the formula field instead.

Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

Hi,
Thank you very much, it works perfectly
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back