Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BLANKING HOST SCREEN IN RADMIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxEgg

Programmer
Mar 24, 2002
AU
I am using RADMIN which works very well.. (ie I am not keen to change)

My Office Computer can be viewed when I am remote, which may be undesirable... is there anyway that I can blank the HOST screen when I am operating remotely ?

I understand that pcAnywhere had this as an option.... so I wonder if it is a software switch.

Supplementary topic (for those creative ones amongst you) It would be nice if there was a small tray icon that enabled me (Remote) to see if screen was on or off... eg I am home I run radmin.... turn off office screen... someone at work turns ON the Host screen.. and I can see tray icon indicate this... I would also need to be able to activate screen at work... in case I left radmin running from remote location.

The Operating System on the server side (remote computer side) is Win2000

The Operating System on the client side (viewer side) is
XPPro

Thanks for suggections on the SCREEN BLANKING

Thanks bc

But as you can see that I am running W2000 in the Office and RADMIN and don't want to change to using the XP Remote Desktop.

I do run Remote Desktop with my two XPPro machines... and I know that the HOST is blanked..

I was looking for a software method of blanking the HOST screen with RADMIN.

Cheers

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back