Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blanking Dates and Text Truncation

Status
Not open for further replies.

beejay58

Technical User
Sep 11, 2003
NZ
I have two problems:

1) I wish to blank out a date that already exists in my access database using ColdFusion. If I delete the date from the web form and then submit this change, the date is not changed in the database. I have checked the archive on this Forum and see that it has been suggested to use the DATE = NULL value to set a null date in a new record. Will this work for my update ?

2) When I read from a MS-Access TEXT field, the data is truncated at the first space. To get round this I have set all of these database fields to type MEMO. Is there another way ?

TIA

Beejay

I'm not sure if this is a factor in your first issue, but keep in mind that if you delete everything from a text form field, the field will not be submitted with the form and will not show up in the form scope on the handler page. If you check for the existence of the field in the form scope, and set DATE = NULL in the query if the field is not defined, that should do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back