Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank space between Detail and Reprots Footer section - how to remove? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nkshah

Programmer
Dec 16, 2009
US
below is the problem.

We make report as follows

page header

Section details

Employee Information

Report Footer

Page Footer

Other Information

whenever we run this crystal report it leaves space in between after employee information and before report footer.

We don't know its a problem of footer or any other else.

pls provide suggestions.

Is the report footer formatted to "print at bottom of page"?

Have you gone into design mode and noticed whether there are unsuppressed empty sections, e.g., group footers?

In the section expert, try formatting each section to "suppress blank section."

Not sure how there could be "Other Information" after the Report Footer/Page Footer section.

None of this involves subreports, does it?

Also, please don't start multiple threads on the same issue in the future.

-LB

Yes, report contain two Sub report in Page Footer section.

Reports Footer section is empty and i checked suppress blank section option in section expert.

Reprots does not contain any Group Footers.

Report footers is formatted - Print at bottom option checked - but it is uneditable.

if you need more information let me know.

thanks.

Print at bottom of page IS editable for the Report Footer. I'm unsure whether you are referencing the sections by their correct name. When you look to the left of the blank space at the gray area (assuming you have this set to show section names), what do you see? Are you sure you are seeing a blank report footer? If you have placed subreports in a page footer and conditionally suppressed the page footers, you will get blank space--page footers reserve space even when unused.

-LB

Lbass,

my Report Footer is blank and for Report footer, i did Checked box - Suppress Blank sectiona and Keep together property.

i have two subreport in Page Footer.

in property of Page Footer, Print at Bottom of Page property is uneditable and it is checked.

****** Below is your last Reply : If you have placed subreports in a page footer and conditionally suppressed the page footers, you will get blank space--page footers reserve space even when unused. ************

in my case, Detail Section contain 1,2 3 or more raws. Detail Section showing blank space after displaying of all raws.

i want to display Page Footer right after next Detail section.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks.

Page Footers do not change heights. If you want the page footer info to display at the end of the detail section, then do the following. Insert a group on a formula {@all}:

whilereadingrecords;
""

This should be your Group #1. Suppress the group header, and make a copy of your page footer objects and place them in the new group footer. Then suppress the pagefooter with a formula like this:

onlastrecord

This will allow the group footer to snug up against the detail section on the last page, with the page footer suppressed on that page.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back