Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank space at foot of grid when scrolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewMozley

Programmer
Oct 15, 2005
GB
I have a grid with RecordSource 1 (Alias) in which I display three fields as the columns of that grid; it has a vertical scroll bar; AllowAddNew is set to .F.

If I navigate up and down with the cursor keys that works fairly well. When I am on the 1st record at the top of the grid and press Up-arrow nothing happens, which is good. When I am on the last record at the bottom of the grid and press down arrow, one blank row is created at the bottom of the grid but no more; this is acceptable.

With the vertical scroll bar the behaviour is different at the two ends; Scrolling to the top works as expected : the first record is displayed at the top of the grid. Scrolling to the bottom causes the last record to be displayed at the top of the grid, with blank space below.

Is there a way to alter this behaviour so that scrolling to the bottom displays the last record at the bottom of the grid (with the preceding records visible above it).

Thanks.

Hi Andrew,
This is supposed to be default behavior and cannot be changed (easily) sic.
Regards,
Jockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back