Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank screen on Sunray login screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedragon2

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2003
US
Has anyone experienced the following issue:

Put smart card in sunray DTU, session acquired, teal Sun login screen comes up without the login prompt.

[Blue]Blue[/Blue] [Dragon]

If I wasn't Blue, I would just be a Dragon...

Although I don't know much about the SunRay it sounds to me that it can't find the server that provides authentication whether be it NIS or LDAP

It finds the server, and the sunray server has a session for that DTU.

bluedragon,

Have you been able to resolve or determine the cause of this problem?

I'm having the exact same issue. When this problem happens, all DTUs on the same vlan attached to the same switch are affected. Other DTUs on the same switch but on other vlans are not affected.

The initial fixes so far have been to reboot the associated switch the DTU's are connected to OR add a previously unknown DTU to the vlan the affected DTU's are on.

The second solution is the least intrusive as rebooting a switch kills everyone's connection including those that are on other vlans.

Eornom

We have resolved this issue down to a switch. Once we replaced the switch, all was good.

I will also say, during our transition, we have multiple VLANS and are also getting some issues like you mentioned. Our fix at the moment is to switch the port's VLAN and then back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back