Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank screen at the web browser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2007
US
Hi,

I use Crystal Reports 8.5 and have integrated it with Classic ASP

I call the Crystal Reports through client side VBScript. While testing it, all were able to view the reports. But one person came back saying that he saw a grey blank screen in the Crystal Viewer. I am using ActiveX viewer.

Any tips what I should be looking at his machine?

Thanks.

Might be that the security on their machine disallows installing Active-X controls.

Depending upon your browser, it should be located under teh Advanced Options under Tools->Internet Options

-k

I worked with user and apparently, there were 2 reasons why he was viewing a grey blank screen.

* He had an older Crystal Viewer Object in his IE(6.0). I made him delete it and re-install the Crystal Viewer Object.
* Secondly, he was being prompted with the Authentication Box because in his Internet-Options under the User-Authentication, the option – “Prompt for Username and Password” was checked. I made him check the option “Automatic Login only for Intranet zones”.

Now he is able to view the Crystal Reports and he is auto-logged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back