Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank records from import using TransferSpreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkinnea

Programmer
Sep 30, 2002
US
Hello all,

I'm using Access 2000 and Excel 2000.

I am using TransferSpreadsheet to import data off a number of tabs in Excel workbooks (there are 2 with the same structure holding 2 different sets of information).

For the same tab in each workbook, I get 107 extra, blank records from the TransferSpreadsheet action. I have verified that there are no hidden rows above where the data starts on the tabs.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Kristen

Hi Kristen,

You may have inadvertently placed data in a row below the data that you want to import. To check this, open your W/B, Press F5, click the "Special" button, Select the "Last Cell" option, click the "OK" button.

This will take you to the last used cell, which unless you specify a range when using the TransferSpreadsheet method will be imported.

If this is the problem, delete all rows from the "last cell" row up to the last row of the data that you want to import.

If this isn't the problem, you are welcome to send a copy of your W/B to billpower@cwcom.net, will post any observations here ASAP. Also, please post your code if you are not doing this manually.

Actually, one other thought. If you are specifying a Range, check that the Range is correct. From the menu select Tools>> Insert Name>> Define. Click on the Range Name and check that the "Refers To" is the correct range that you want to import. If not, you can edit it directly in the "Refers To" text box. Click OK to save any changes.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back