Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

blank pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

forumguy

MIS
Feb 5, 2007
US
Hi guys,

I have a report with many header sections and many groups. When exported in PDF, it gives some blank pages or some pages with a header in one page and the same header and the groups on the next page.

The solution that I tried was removing "Group Together" option from the section expert and Group Options. Blank pages are gone but some pages with a header in one page and the same header and the group in the next page still exist.

Appreciate ur comments.

Check to see if any field is located with an edge extending beyond the page size for your report. I found that this would generate a blank page.

You can check this using View > Zoom and choosing some value like 75%.

It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

I also have a report I'm running in version 9.2.0.448. I am getting a blank page with a very tiny header at the top. When I preview it in our application (NextGen) I see a large white space to the right with no data fields showing up at all. I also have zoomed the view and looked at my report at 50% and see no hidden data fields that would be causing this to happen. The report is set to a portrait view....not landscape. Any suggestions?

Technonurse-Spokane

technonurse, you should have started a new thread - refer back to the old one if it is relevant. Please do so in future.

Also it's not necessary to give your exact version, yours is Crystal 9.

With your problem, header but no detail lines, is it a group header? That would happen if you suppressed detail lines but not their group. Better handled by group selection, an option you should find next to record selection.

The left-hand column should have a two-digit code that will shown which sort of header it is.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

It is a group header and I suppressed on the actual group, not the fields. When I'd zoom, it showed no field hanging out as I said before. The weird thing is when I looked at "Print Preview" in our software that talks to Crystal, I'd see a white expanse to the right of the report.

Now the new thing. It isn't doing it today. I don't know how I fixed it, and we are still looking to see if it happens again. Thanks for your instructions. JJB

Technonurse-Spokane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back