Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank pages on keep group together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Nov 5, 2007
PH
I am using CR XI R2 and I am sometimes getting blank pages when I try to keep a group together. Does anyone know if there is a workaround aside from running totals? I know this has been a problem in old versions but didn't expect this to still be a problem in version XI. Does anyone have a quick remedy?

Thanks!

Look at the left-hand margin, the section identity. Could it be including a blank section?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Madawc, the report looks something like:
Group 1
Group 2 -> set as keep group together

During generation, group 2 cannot fit in 1 page, so there is a blank page consisting of Group 1 only. I'm checking if moving the items of Group 1 to Group 2 and suppressing conditionally can solve the problem... too many work though ...

It's probably the Group 1 footer that's causing the problem. Could that be hidden?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

I have subtotals in my Group 2 footer and Grand Totals on my Group 1 footer

Does the Group 1 footer have blank space below it?

If it's not that, do you have 'New Page After' set? Or 'New Page Before' on the next section?

This is just the downside of using "keep group together". See some potential solutions in: thread149-905801.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back