Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank pages in report 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

malk

MIS
Dec 12, 2000
US
I am using CR 8, and am trying to design a report to group with a new page after each type. i checked new page after on the group, but for some reason, the first page of the report comes out blank. When I uncheck "new page after" it does not start a new page. I tried "keep together" both on and off, but it doesn't make any difference.
The first page is giving me a report header, but no data. Also, the group name is in the page header, but is blank on the first page.

Sounds like you might have a null value for your grouping field - it will sort to the beginning of the report normally. Is the group tree showing a blank value for the first group? Malcolm

Well...I don't konw if its the same case, but I had a problem with my reports when I was printing from the WEB PAGE VIEWER, there was a blank page after each "normal" page printed. After many tests ans changes of the reports (check that the margins were correct,etc) the only solution was call to Seagate technical support, the send us a new patch for Crystal Reports 8 with new version of the viewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back