Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank pages in PDF export

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeezur

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2002
US
I am having trouble with export to PDF. I have several tables and matrix grids on my report. When exporting to PDF, I am getting blank pages. I believe each matrix grid, even though it is showing as fitting on a page, has some hidden columns or something that is making it spill to another page which in turn is causing the blank pages in the PDF. Has anyone encountered this problem and know of a solution?

Hi,

The matrix grid will have as many columns as returened by your dataset, which in theory could easily be wider than a standard page.

I've had this problem in the past and solved it by playing aroung with the Margin property of the report. Default is 2.5cm for Top, Bottom, Left and Right, which in my opinion is excessive.

Set Your Margins to 0.5cm and try the export, if you still get blank pages, move the Right edge of the report body to the left 0.5cm at a time and retry the export. Continue this until it fits.

The main problem you have though will be the Matrix control, as this may at some point span more than a single page.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leigh

"If you had one shot, one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment, would you capture it, or let it slip" - Eminem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back