Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

blank pages after adjusting margin

Status
Not open for further replies.

chainedtodesk

Programmer
Feb 26, 2003
US
i have some lengthy reports, i have the page defines as portrait and the form is at 7 in but the length could be anywheres from 19 to 20 inches. i have the margins at .25 for both sides and the top and .21 at the bottom. but when the report runs its creating a 3rd blank page. all other data is fitting on the 1st two. is there a length max? i have looked at all posts here and a few others and i tried all of the margin changes but the extra page continues. am i missing something or is the length the issue?? thanks

22 inches maximum for each section of a report is the maximum. 22 inches wide is the maximum for a report.

If you are getting a third page then I have to ask how is your report set up? Is it set up with sub reports or are there just fields for a main report only?

Also, what kind of spacing do you have on your footers and headers? That also counts into a report page total and so if your page header is 3 inches and your footer is 2 inches your main details section only has about 3½ inches of space available on a 8½" x 11" page. And that isn't counting the Report header or footer.

Bob Larson
Free Access Tutorials and Samples:

i have a page header little over an inch and a footer as small as possible only holding page numbers and date, the main report itself is just fields from a selected group of data records, the detail is 19 inches, i also have several comment fields that i have set to (can shrink, can grow) since i do not know how much one entry may hold. the report fits in 2 pages, with only half of the second page being used, but i get a 3rd page with just the page header and footer on it?? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back