Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank page prints first

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfrost10

Programmer
Jun 3, 2001
CA
Hi gang,

My report prints a page with my page header first, but no information when I run my report. The next few pages though do have the data that I want displayed on my first page!

Any properties I should set to stop this from happening?

Thanks,

Jack

Jfrost...right click on the group header and check the box marked "Keep Together". Good Luck.

Perhaps you have "New Page After" selected on the Page Header section.

Thanks for the reply guys. Here's whats happening in detail (I tried both suggestions, neither was a go)

I have a report. In the details section is a subreport.
When I preview the report, the first page shows the report header and the page header from the parent report. However, on the side, it shows that the entire report is being taken up by the Page Header. The next page actually starts including the details section.

Thanks again,

Jack

Hi,

Try removing any Subreport Page Header.
Any page header will automatically do a page throw before.

Put the header in your first group header section.

Hth,
Geoff

PS. Not tried it myself!

Hi Jack,

I'm not sure if you found a resolution yet but I had the same problem and fixed it by going to grop header section, checking the "New Page AFter" box and setting the conditional formatting formula to read : Not onfirstrecord

Hope it Helps

V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back