Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank Page after Rep Header & Before Section??

Status
Not open for further replies.

simmolinho

Technical User
Dec 16, 2003
GB
Hi There

I've read on Crystal support that if your 1st section of a group contains more records than will fit onto 1 page a blank section will appear after the Report Header.

The given solution for this is to deselect the 'Keep together' options for all the sections.

This works in that my report no longer starts with a blank but I would still like to keep my sections together!

Is there any method of having both of these options in one report??

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Keep together options occur both in the section expert and in the change group ooptions tab.

I would experiment with different combinations to see if you achive the required lay-out

Jon

Ok....first of all, You haven't really described your report and what it should look like

What is in the report header? Should it be on a page by itself??? If so enable the "New Page After" for the Report Header section...this will start your groupings on a new page.

If you want to keep a "group together" Crystal has the annoying habit of deciding whther or not a group can fit on a page and if it cannot then it will split to a new page before start of printing.

Now in the "Change Group" you can remove the "Keep together" on the group itself to prevent this...but then one group will follow another is this is all that is done.

To have the next group start on a new page (to keep that groups as together as possible...put the following formula in the conditional "New Page After"

WhilePrintingRecords;
not onlastrecord;

This will create a new page before the next group except when you have run out of data.

If there are other issues then describe them otherwise this is about the best you can get....Oh Yes...remove the "Keep Togethers" for the section expert to avoid nuisance white space.

Jim Broadbent

The quality of the answer is directly proportional to the quality of the problem statement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back