Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

blank page after every page

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsusnik

Technical User
Aug 23, 2001
SI
I have several reports that print a blank page after every page when printing from ActiveX. They have all Portrait orientation.

Some reports are created on my computer, some are created on the computer that the web server is running on. If I print any of them from my computer they have no blank pages, if I print them from any other computer they have the blank pages.

New page before and New page after are not used.

Please help!!

Regards, Tomaz

Check the default printer settings on the systems in question. As an example, if the margins are set too large, that can (& usually will) generate the sort of behavior you're seeing.

I have discovered the real problem!

At first we were having the problem that our reports (A4) printed in letter format. If 'No printer' is selected or 'Default properties' is selected they would print as letter format (without blank pages). If 'Default properties' is not selected then it prints as A4 - that is what I wanted. But it prints blank pages after every page.

Why don't we print in letter format? Because some users have to stand by the printer and press the button for every several page.

So how can I print in A4 format and without blank pages?

Thanks for your help!

Regards, Tomaz

I saw this problem with one of my users machines. When I checked the print setup the separator page area was greyed out. However, I went ahead and deleted and readded the printer and the blank pages went away.

Might give it a try.

Are the reports built on the server mauybe a little too wide for portrait?

mlmcc

We just downloaded the new npviewer.exe (version 2.11.15.0) on all client machines. Then the printing of blank pages stopped.

Hope this will help anybody with the same problem.

Tomaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back