Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank Line After Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

OraCool

Technical User
Jan 17, 2002
CA
Hello,

I have a master/detail report. I need two master lines at the top and two at the bottom, with the detail inbetween. I have formatted and moved the frames to their right positions and get them in that order. However the output has a blank line printed after each line (master and detail). The output has to be 80 char lines.
(1) How to get rid of the blank lines
(2) How do you move the margins, I tried but they won't move.

Thank you all for your help.

It is possible that each line saved with the LF/CR charachter at the end, which is not visible, but causing line feed. Try stripping off last charachter of each field in the SQL. Like
Code:
substr(field, 1, length(field)-1)
To move margins, use special dots at margin corners and in the middle of eache side.

Thanks Nagornyi,

The line has no CR/LF at the end, I use rpad to fill with spaces, that is another question, I need a full 80 char line right filled with spaces. The output always truncates the spaces at the end of line. Is there a way to force an 80 char line with spaces at the end?

Could you please explain why you are doing this? Spaces are not visible, so what's the use of adding them at the end of the lines?

Well The requirement is for 80 char fixed length lines.

Try not adding extra spaces at the end. Is it still printing extra lines? If not, how is the output different from the required one?

Thank you nagornyi, I appreciate your help.

If I don't add spaces to fill up the 80 chars, it prints fine, without the blank lines in between.

Is there a good book that I can buy that explains Oracle Reports and Forms? (Version 6i).

Thanks again nagornyi.

Thanks Nagornyi

Your help is much appreciated.

The report looks good in the report viewer. When I transfer to the Aps server it shows one blank line before the last line.

I have put it aside for now, will re-visit later.

Do you know of a good Book that explains Oracle Forms and Reports development?

Please send me Title and Author.

Thanks Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back