Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank Form from Broken Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evmori

MIS
Jun 17, 2016
US
This is my first time posting so I apologize if my format or terminology is off. I am creating digital requisition forms for a company and I am having trouble establishing my one form due to a faulty query. I want to add a field to my form so that when I input the MarketCode it returns the name of the Employee. When I add the connecting information to my query (MarketCode [PK], Buyers.EmployeeEmail [FK], FistName, LastName, EmployeeOrderNum [PK]) I receive a blank form. I do not know how to properly connect my Employee branch into the rest of the query. I have attached my ERD and I appreciate any help I can get on the matter. Thank you in advance.
ERD_7-18_gyihzn.png

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=546c0184-1ad0-4372-b27f-79b34ed33347&file=ERD_7-18.PNG
You did not post a query. I see a nice picture of the tables and their connections. I think you would need something like this (I am better at SQL than Access). Select Employee.FirstName, Employee.LastName From Emplyoyee Inner Join Buyer on Employee.EmployeeEmail = Buyer.EmployeeEmail Where Buyer.MarketCode = (Some input field). This does not include any other information for the form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back