Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank field can not print

Status
Not open for further replies.

oke

Programmer
Dec 15, 2000
ID
I use 4 linked table for processing Report, 1st table is Master Table (Customer Data), 2nd table is (detail of customer data), 3rd table is Transaction data Header, and 4th table is Transaction data Detail.
My problem is : I need print all customer name but customer name which have not in transaction Data detail is not printed.

Have any suggestion to me.

Thank's

Rubi Andrianto
Indonesia

oke: You will need to change the join type between Customer and Transaction to Left Outer Join (assuming you are using SQL/ODBC connection). This will bring back all customers whether or not they have a transaction David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Seagate Enterprise Partner

But, if you put any criteria on the transactions it will override the outer join and eliminate the customers with no transactions that meet your criteria.

If you need to add transaction criteria, like date ranges, you will need a linked subreport to get all customers, and transactions for those who have them. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back