Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blade Inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruizs

IS-IT--Management
Oct 21, 2004
US
Good Day All,

I am wondering if anyone has a good graphical representation of a blade/SAN setup. I am new to blades and I have taken a new position that is setting up a blade/san solution with the intent of using VM for a 1/2 dozen servers of an HS40 and single servers on HS20. Just trying to get my head around this whole thing.

Thanks to everyone!

-s

Saw a demo yesterday, of blades, doing the exact thing you are doing. It was really sweet. Looks like we will be doing something similar in the next 2-3 months. Not sure if we will use blades, or just use VMware on an 64 bit box, and hookup a SAN. We have not decided yet. There is suppose be a 64 supported version of VMWare to be released in Feburay. The whole idea is like running LPARS on and AS400, if that helps.

There is a lot of virtual replresentation for blade servers in ibm website.. you can search from there. I do have few on my note book but unfortunately.. cant send you coz i dunno how to attach here...:D

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. I'll check out the info you sent along.

sal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back