Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blade HS20 model 8832 - L1X SCSI HDD "upgrade"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreiVilcan

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2006
RO
Hi !

I have several Blades with 2x36 SCSI HDDs in RAID1 mounted on SCSI Expansion unit. I need to make an upgrade to a bigger capacity (2x140 HDDs).
Is there any way to do this apart from taking out both 36 GB HDDs an creating another RAID1 with new 140 GB HDD and reinstalling SO & copying all data?
SO is W2003 acting as BDC.
I'm thinking to taking out ONE 36 GB HDD and inserting one 140 GB, let them "rebuild", then taking out the other 36 GB HDD and inserting the secondary 140 GB, another "rebuikd".
Not sure if this can work and if after all I will be able to use all that 140 GB space.

Thank You,

Never done it myself but I have been told that can be done. Once the rebuild is finished you should see the unallocated space in disk management. You would then extend your partition to use that space.

This is good news. I hope it will work!
However, in a couple of days I will have the opportunity to test it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back