Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blade Design help on networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andreh

Technical User
Jun 24, 2002
AU
Hi All,

I am looking to design a HP Blade (7 * BL20p/25p) setup that will be connected to a SAN. There will be no boot from SAN. All of these servers will be connected to the SAN and to the network. I have done a fair bit of research into the Blade server setup and am looking for opinions on how to configure the network connections to the SAN and network.

There will be a lot of CAD design work so large files will be involved. A couple of Gig give or take. This is not including general network usage as this design includes all Domain controllers, Database servers, File Servers etc.

I am just wondering what the best way to connect these all up would be from the network perspective of the blade servers and would like your feedback. Particularly, if you have experience deploying this kind of environment.

Thanks in advanced.

"Assumption is the mother of all f#%kups!

I have configured our network with BL20p G3 servers that are connected to HP EVA 3000. Do you still need help with this?

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back