Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blackberrys no longer sync with BES since offline defrag of exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitelNoob

Technical User
Sep 27, 2011
GB
Hello there,

Last night I performed an offline defrag of a clients Exchange Server 2003 SP2. They needed to release space after clearing out emails.
When the process had finished the store came back online fine. OWA, Outlook clients, Iphones and Android phones can all connect to the Exchange server and send/receive email fine.
We have BES 5.0.3.13 with 9 users/Blackberry handsets none of which have connected to the BES since just before the store was taken offline.
All tests in BES show it is fine, the server which holds both BES and Exchange has been rebooted twice, the services restarted 4 times and an IIS reset performed. Even setting up a new user with another handset does not connect.
Emails sent from BES through exchange work. The handsets all have internet access and are usable as phones.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance,

Lee.

What does the BB application log show?
Any errors?
Check also the BES management log.
If none of the handsets have connected to the BES since the store was taken offline, how are they sending email through Exchange?
Have you tried removing the SIM and battery for 10 minutes and replacing?

Offline defrag creates a new DB with a new GUID. I'll bet BES is trying to connect to the old GUID. Not sure how to fix that.

Yet another reason not to do offline defrags.

Do you have your Tek-Tips.com Swag? I've got mine!.

Stop by the new Tek-Tips group at LinkedIn.

I *did* know how to fix it but haven't touched a BES in over a year which is a long time in IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back