Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blackberry Successfully Unlocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

woter324

Technical User
Jan 26, 2007
GB
Hi,

I unlocked a Blackberry Curve 8520 using [URL unfurl="true"]http://blackberrymep.com[/url]

I hate unlocking phones over the there are so many scam sites out there and I can't seem to find the software anymore to do it myself. Just thought I would share with others as a site that worked.

I am not affiliated with this site. Obviously I can't prove that from here but as a long time user of Tek-Tips posting here may help others choose a site that is genuine. I believe a good product will sell itself but with so many scammers out there it is hard to find genuine sites.

True to their promise, I had the device unlocked within ~15 minutes.

I had to get the device's MEP version number by downloading a little app and connecting the phone via USB. I got the app from a different place to the one in the email link because I didn't trust it, but now I know this site is legit, I am sure it would have been fine.

It cost me $15.00 (USD) about £9.70(GBP) through PayPal.

HTH

I will also say that Horizon.com has unlock codes tied and true. We have used them quite a few times without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back