Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blackberry Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevince

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2003
GB
Would someone be able to explain the reason why there are 4 Blackberry services you can install on one server? I have installed mine with the default Service #1 but don't know the purpose of the other 3 services. Any help would be appreciated.

OK... here's the deal... a BES server will support up to 2000 users, in theory... which is all good for a Domino server, which uses NRPC, Notes RPC, I think, it's been a while... to communicate between Notes and BES...

Communication between Exchange and BES on the other hand uses MAPI... MAPI has a little limitation on the number of concurrent connections per profile... of 500. So to maximize the BES services, you can have 4 instances running, each one with 500 MAPI connections giving you your total of 2000 users.

I hope this eplains it.

cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back