Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BlackBerry Security Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

techma1

Technical User
Aug 8, 2007
I have many BlackBerry 7290 and other models I got from a company. I notice that I MUST have a password to access the menu. I have no option to disable the password setting in the options>security field. Unusual because the others that I have worked with have the option to disable that feature. I have wiped it, downloaded and reloaded software. Logged in 10 times without the proper password which wiped it and then it came up with error 507. I reloaded the software and they still don't have all of the features that I'm used to seeing. Also I tried to unlock them and it doesn't work because of this "security" that was put on them. Does anyone know what this could be or how to get around it?

standalone or part of a BES deployment? Sure it is the same password as you get in options/security?

This is probably because a previous IT Policy will have locked the option to disable the password option (is there a small padlock icon beside the Security > General > Password: ENABLED option? If so, you must apply a new policy to overwrite the old one in order to make the option changable. In that new policy you can set it so that the password is not required.

Regards
jpaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back