Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blackberry issues after 5.5 to 2003 mailbox move

Status
Not open for further replies.

adfreek

IS-IT--Management
Jul 22, 2003
US
Hello,

We have a 3.6.4.8 Blackberry Enterprise Server running on an Exchange 5.5 platform. We're ready to migrate these 5.5 mailboxes to a new Exchange 2003 cluster server. During the pilot, after moving a mailbox, we cannot send/receive email from blackberry. The error message we get is:

message status trans error: failure at service

I've checked the support pages on Blackberry and one of the things they said is the besadmin account needs to have "send as", "receive as" and "administer information store" access at the admin group, mailbox store and mailbox level. Also at the public store level. I confirmed that these rights are set up.

I also ran that handheldcheck utility.

Are there any other gotchas that I'm missing? When we right click on the mailbox in the Blackberry Enterprise Admin program and select "properties", we get an error message as well.

how are you moving the mailbox? If you are using exmerge, then you need to remove the user from BES, move the mailbox, then add the user again, because the hidden items in the mailbox don't work properly after having been exmerged into a new mailbox.

If you are doing a 'traditional' move mailbox, the end user will need to cradle their BB device after the move has occured, and then things should be fine.

Rob

Hi,

We're simply using the move mailbox from ADUC's but are still experiencing issues. RIM has been extremely useless and I'm running out of time. Have you done this before? If so, I would do anything if you would be able to document the steps you took in like a word doc so that I could cross reference?

If you could, can you send that to msadexchman@yahoo.com ?

Much appreciated.

I just did exactly what your are attempting to do two weeks ago. I would say reset your "delegated control" rights at the site level and make sure the account has "exchnage view only admininstrator" rights. Send as ,etc rights and then rerun your handheld cleanup. Let me know if t hat works cuz like i said, I just did the same thing. I have users right now currently on both 5.5 and 2k3 and the ones with BB devices (both servers) are both receiving emails.

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people ~ Jack Handy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back