Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blackberry Enterprise Server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2007
GB
Hello everyone,

We are a new Blackberry site - only 10 users to start with using BES for Exchange. Everything is working as we expect - but I have a question re: reconilling. This is probably an easy question to asnwer but this is what happens:

1) Delete a mail from the Blackberry - it will delete the mail from Outlook (good)

2) Delete a mail from Outlook - it will delete the mail from the Blackberry (good).

However - 3) If you MOVE an email from your Outlook inbox to a subfolder in Outlook - the email still remains on the Blackberry. Is there a way to get around that.

It means that users are filing emails they want to keep in subfolders but the emails are remaining in the invox of the Blackberry. To make matters worse if the email is then deleted from the Blackberry - the email is deleted from the subfolder in Outlook as well.

Does all that make sense - and is there a way around this?

Thanks
A

Does the icon change from an envelope to a folder on the BlackBerry?

If so, it's seeing the move but the options are set to still display them. You can change the settings in Messaging Options to "HIDE FILED MESSAGES". Same as "HIDE SENT MESSAGES". When these are set to YES, they do not show on the BlackBerry.

Cheers
jpaf

Fantastic!

Quick reply and I'm pretty sure it will work as well. I'll test it later.

Until then...thanks a lot Jpaf :)

Caution,

I also find that if an incoming mail is moved from the inbox to the sub folder before it is delivered to the BB, it won't be delivered to the BB.

I found that I thought I had an e mail on the BB and couldn't find it for the life of me and then I realized that I was filing them before the BES server queried my Outlook and delivered the e mail to my BB.

If I think that I need to have an e mail available on the BB for action later, I wait until a while before filing it in the subfile.

rmw2

You have two options here:

1) Set the Hide Filed Messages to NO and you will see them on your Blackberry, even when filed but with a folder icon (as long as its still within your mailbox).

2) Set the folder that you file the message to for replication and then in the messages on the BB click the trackwheel and choose VIEW FOLDER. Any new items put into the folder in Outlook will be replicted to the BB.

Cheers
Jpaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back