Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blackberry devices not working with Exchange 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavm99

IS-IT--Management
May 18, 2004
GB
Hi all,

We've got a customer with a number of mobile devices. The iPhones are working fine picking up emails. However Blackberry's via Outlook Web Access won't connect at all. I configure the details in the Blackberry website but it just says can't connect.

Outlook Web Access works fine both internally and externally. It also has a valid SSL.

Now I think an update might have caused this, but I can't be sure.

Any ideas where the problem might be?

Thanks.

Gavin Moorhouse

Follow me on Twitter

Maybe it is picky about having the domain name precede the user name, like DOMAIN\Username? Also, make sure the mailbox name is correct, which may not match the username.

You can also try using the Blackberry Internet Service website to configure the blackberry.

I've found this can be tricky to set up too, but there's something different you need to do on the BlackBerry web site. I don't remember right off what it is, but it's something a bit odd. First you might want to completely remove all accounts from the BB website, then go in and first set up the OWA. Guitarsan has a good suggestion: try a few different things with the formatting of the username\domain. And the mailbox name can be tricky: to find out the exact name of the mailbox, you might want to log into OWA with that user and examine the URL carefully to see how the mailbox name is being formatted.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

Hi all,

I managed to cure this, by doing the following:

1) I found that the IMAP service wasn't running in services
2) It wouldn't start the service, it just crashed
3) Found the IMAP.exe and found it would also crash if ran manually
4) Replaced the IMAP.exe and associated services with working files from another server
5) IMAP service then started
6) Blackberry now works!

Looks to have been caused by SP3 not properly applying.

Thanks.

Gavin Moorhouse

Follow me on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back