Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BlackBerry 8700/8800 used as a full email client for Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

fs483

Technical User
Jul 7, 2002
CA
Hello,

I have a client that has an Exchange 2000 server and a BlackBerry 8700 but is going to upgrade to 8800 in a few days. We have been forwarding his emails through Exchange from his corporate account onto his BB. The customer doesn't like the fact the sent items don't appear in his Outlook and that he has duplicate incoming emails (one that is in his Outlook and one in his BB). He doens't want to sync his BB with this cradle because he is rarely in his office. Would a BES be the solution ? He basically wants to receive emails into his Exchange server and have the BB connect as if it was a Outlook client. When he opens an email from his BB and replies to it, he wants the email to appear "opened with a replied icon" when he returns to his Outlook. He also wants all the sent items to appear in his sent items folder within Outlook. Setting up a POP3 connection without leaving a copy of the email on the exchange would solve the duplicate email problem but he looses the email inside exchange so he won't be able to see the email in Outlook and won't be able to backup those emails to tape at night. Setting up a relaying for outgoing mail would maybe work but I doubt it. Ideally if I can set a VPN connection on his BB like I did with his home pc, that would be the best. Outlook web access on his BB might also work but the interface is not very good to navigate if even possible on a BB. Any suggestions ? This client only has 2 BB but wants A solution other than what he currently has. Oh, the redirector thing is no good either.

Thanks

Yes, BES would be the solution.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

The Desktop Redirector works fairly good from time to time, but requires the pc to be on and have a connection to the exchange server at all times.

Unfortunately the BES is the only real way to accomplish what you need, and that's pretty expensive for just one client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back