Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blackberry 7510

Status
Not open for further replies.

azpctech01

Technical User
May 6, 2003
US
I have a Blackberry 7510 that I am configuring for a user.
I need to know how to remove all the data ( calendar ) from the previous user. I went to sync and it tried to transfer old information into the new users account. Can someone tell me if there is a way to clear out all the data?

Please let me know
Mike

This should do the trick.
Disconnect the Blackberry from the PC.
On the Blackberry open Options, then security.
Click the wheel to get the menu, and select Wipe Handheld.

This should do the trick. You'll have to let me know, I'm not going to wipe my Blackberry out just to test, sorry.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

[noevil]
(Not quite so old any more.)

Thanks for the tip. I have to keep looking the wipe command was not available. I have a earlier version I guess. I read somewhere if you enter the wrong password 10 times it will erase the data. Any tips where I can check that out?

It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway,' but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."

I remember something about that on a very old blackberry that I had. I'm not sure if that's still true or not. Best way would be to enter a password and try it out.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

[noevil]
(Not quite so old any more.)

It is still true.

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back