Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Black shows as grey-green across all adobe products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xperegrine

Technical User
Jan 23, 2010
US
I've tried old photos, new photos, Nikon Photos, Canon Photos -- I've changed the color profile settings (tried every single one), calibrated my monitor, etc.

In ALL of my images, across all adobe products, black looks grey-green -- green lives in all of the places which should look black. -- That includes the color picker (0,0,0 in RBG looks GREEN) I understand there's a range of black, but it shouldn't look green and washed out.

I use Corel and MS paint -- the images look fine.

-- There is one caveat. Illustrator had the same problem. I changed "appearance of black" to what seemed like an accurate black, and now it works fine.

What is going on? Nobody has been able to figure this out yet.

Maybe your preferences need to be reset to their install state, they sometimes get "hosed" and strange happen.

While holding down the [Ctrl Alt Shift ] keys, Start > All Programs > Photoshop.

A MessageBox will ask "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings File" to which you answer Yes.

The Preferences file will be rebuilt and hopefully your problem is fixed.

sam

...if photoshop and illustrator are DISPLAYING A GOOD FILE BAD (or if it has spoiled color pallets) — the monitor profile is bad, or it's broken color management system settings, or the install is corrupted, or the hardware is bad....

andrew

============
============

I tried ctrl alt shift on Adobe Bridge. I reset to factory.

The odd thing about bridge is that it loads and it looks fine, and then all of the pictures, one by one, seem to shift over to the wrong color settings.

I've also tried two different video cards.

Is there any way to yoink good color management system settings from somewhere else and replace a file somewhere?

I'm considering purging all adobe products (including the registry) and re-installing.

If it's not too disruptive, then a reinstall can't hurt.

sam

I'd really prefer to figure this out instead of a full re-install.

with the exception of (bad hardware) because "Corel and MS paint OK", I have to agree with apepp's accessment.

I personally wouldn't spend too much time searching for a fix before re-installing.

Messing with the registry etc could lead to more problems while a reinstall should at least (remove a bad install) from the equation.

If the problem persists after the reinstall then yes you will need more searching.

sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back