Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Black diamond keep triggering overheat alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

bem336

Vendor
Oct 4, 2009
MY
hi all,
i have problem which my core switch Black Diamond 8810 keep triggering overheat alarm every one hour. i've checked fan & temperature through CLI shows that the core switch under its threshold, ok. I went to the network room also ok.

EPIcenter received 1 overheat alarm for every 1 hour only from that switch. device has been reset before but alarm still triggered.

what should i do? thanks in advance

Personally, I'd ignore it. If it's filling your EpiCenter disable the alarm in EpiCenter.

Out of 600 switches in our inventory we have around 5-10 that have had the overheating "false alarm" along with "Failed Fans." First, Extreme thought perhaps a code upgrade would work. It didn't. Then they suggested powering it off and on. On a few it did work. (I think they're attributing it to a bad sensor.) But for the ones that continue to trigger that alarm they've been working now for over 3-4 years. I have yet to have a true overheat or failed fan in the 6 years we've been using Extremes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back