Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bkup Job fails, requires 3rd tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCXoP

Technical User
Jul 14, 2003
GB
Hi there,

I currently use Backup Exec v 8.6 in conjunction with two DLT80 drives ( one internal and one external ).

Now I have managed to create an unattended backup so that when it needs a second tape it just goes to the other drive by creating a drive pool. However the backups at the end of each week are requiring a third tape at about 105 GB (they are sposed to be 40 / 90 but I can live with that) When it gets to the 3rd tape it tries to write back to the first tape and finds that it contains a tape from this backup job so it just stops and fails the job.

Also my daily differential backups always have a status of failed even thoguh they usually only c0ome across a couple of in use files.

Anyway
thanks in advance.

DC

What I want is for the first two tapes to be unatended and then if it needs to do more for it to ask for a 3rd tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back