Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bizarre TCP (Not IP) Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantman

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2000
GB
Site has 128k leased line and Livingston?! router and can successfully connect to and browse most web sites- IP Routing, DNS, Firewall configuration etc. are therefore all working fine. Here's the bizarre part: Browsing to some websites (e.g. bt.com, cw.com) results in the 'Web-site found, waiting for reply' message to appear in the Browser and remain at this for ages, similarly users at these sites are unable to connect to the remote (i.e this site's) web server. This is not something simple to do with Browser configuration as I've tried multiple 'known-goods'. Packet tracing seems to suggest that the remote sites are sending premature 'FIN-ACKs': I'm thinking that it's something to do with TCP timeouts- anybody got any thoughts?

Much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back