Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bitmaps on buttons - (no mask) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDice

Programmer
Mar 1, 2004
US
I have an app that has bitmaps on the buttons for the form, and that ugly grey background also shows up behind the images. How can I mask that color out?

You need to have corresponding MSK files for your bitmaps. Check out the topic "How to: Enhance Control Display" in Help.

Tamar

I found some more stuff on the site yesterday after posting my thread. I tried making the .msk files, but they didn't seem to work. Then I used the originals and turned all the gray stuff white (since I read VFP uses white as the transparent color by default). That didn't seem to work at first, but then when I closed the app down a few times and opened it, it was showing correctly. ???

BlackDice

BlackDice,
Because VFP keeps as much stuff in memory as it can, it's always a good idea to CLEAR RESOURCES after making these kinds of changes. See the Help file topic for CLEAR for more detail.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back