Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bitmaps in AI or PDF files get sliced unintentionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLG123

Technical User
May 4, 2006
US
When I drag n drop or place various PDF or AI files into AI-CS2, bitmaps inside of these files will automatically slice into many pieces. As far as I can tell this has nothing to do with Map/Slice/HTML feature. This is a glitch or a setting that breaks up bitmap images when coming from older AI/PDF files (?). But for some reason this doesn't seem to happen to other users in the office that have the same software package.

Any answers?

...i normally experience this when the images have come from something like microsoft word and exported to pdf from there. When parsed into illustrator they can become broken up into pieces, some worse than others...

...it is possible to join them back up by selecting all the areas of the broken up image and choosing object > rasterize...

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back