Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BIS 10 Speakerphone Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

econotel

Vendor
Feb 23, 2007
US
Using 410's with BIS-10's. The speakerphone on all the phones will not work. My customer can hear the caller thru the speaker but they can not hear the customer.

I have tried to turn on and off the MIC button but no good. Is this a wiring issue?

I am using FP-1 in the 410's.

Possibly a wiring issue - unless this just happened recently - with the same wiring in place. Normal wiring for BIS sets would be CAT 3 or CAT5e following 568B color-code - using all 4 wire pairs. So - basically the wiring is the same as for straight-thru ethernet cable.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Make sure the phones are BIS 10's not just HFAI 10's with BIS labbels. The Bis phones have 2 volume sliders the HFAI's have 1

I think you also need FP2 for speaker phone, but you already mentioned that you have the FP1

FP1 gives you
off hook dialing
Monitor-on-hold
and group listening

nothing is mentioned of speaker phone in the FP1 guide

ttech is correct - you DO need FP2 for speakerphone to work. The FP1 manual says: Speaker button - turns the voice terminal speaker on and off. You can hear the other person without lifting the hansdet, although you NEED to lift the handset in order for the person to hear you."

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back