Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Birthday style repeating appointments don't now sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaSprout

Programmer
Jul 31, 2001
BE
I am currently having a problem with all my birthday style appointments (i.e. those 1 day repeating every year appointments) from synchronising. The error messages are as follows. This WAS working until fairly recently, but seems to have stopped for some reason which I don't understand.

Any ideas what is the cause of the problem? How can I fix it? Thanks!

-- Outlook Calendar
The multi-day repeating appointment titled "Ian Smith's birthday!" beginning 05/07/2001 01:00:00
cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please chop the appointment up into single-days and re-sync.
The multi-day repeating appointment titled "Claire Jones's [née Do" beginning 24/04/2001 01:00:00
cannot be converted for use on the Handheld. Please chop the appointment up into single-days and re-sync.

"24/04/2001"? Check the date formats on your PC and on your handheld. Can't explain why 05/07/2001 failed though.

BTW, if you want to get birthday alerts, I think the free program Happy Days should do it. Available on
Hope this helps.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back