Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Birthday Field Stop Rounding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle2

Technical User
Aug 17, 2001
US
Hello,

I've created a database for our Girls Softball League. The Birthday of each girl determines where she plays that year. I have in my birthday field <(Today()-DOB/(365)> Which gives me how old they are. However, 2 things that I need to happen that I'm unsure of how to do.

#1. I only need it to calculate to December 31 2003. The question on thier application is &quot;How old is your child on December 31, 2003?&quot; Right now I have to go change my date in the computer to December 31,2003 to get the most accurate age of that child.

#2. The age is rounding up. I need for it to NOT round up.
(Right now I have it set for 3 digits passed the decimal so that I can have the most accurate age of the girl. But the Cards that I have to make can only have one digit passed the decimal. So right now I have some girls that show they are 15.0 when really they are 14.9.

Can someone help me with this? I appreciate any help and thank you in advance!

Best wishes,
Michelle2

I must be entering it in wrong. The formalua is not working.

It should work.
But this is even simpler and more accurate:

@DATEDIF(DOB,@DATE(2003,12,31),&quot;y&quot;)

My Approach must be different than yours. Everytime I put that formula in it tells me invalid formula. I don't have an @ in my formula selections. Also, my date field is making me do it (12,31,2003)

Yikes! lol What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back