Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BiosAgentPlus.com updates fail ...... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

drjohnbullas

Programmer
Aug 21, 2008
GB
Good Morning

My laptop ( a clevo M540 variant) was provided by a UK company with a less than enviable support service, clevo could not offer the bios upgrade that existed so I paid my bucks and signed up to the lazy option of having BiosAgentPlus.com do the work of finding driver upgrades and YES it seems to have improved the performance of my laptop HOWEVER I have two issues your combined expertice....

is where i am left after implimenting 9 driver updates...

#1 BIOS - any source for phoenix bios upgrades you might know about? looking for an upgrade of:

BIOS Type: Phoenix
BIOS Date: August 4th 2005
BIOS ID: SONOMA01.86C.0056.D.0508041328 -None
BIOS OEM: SONOMA01.86C.0056.D.0508041328
Chipset: Intel 2590 rev 3
SuperIO: Unknown
Manufacturer: CLEVO Co.
Motherboard: M5x0G

#2 more relevant to this forum sub-group is a sticky update that seems not to respond to my best efforts since...

also shows one additional remnant: SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller as requiring and update, such a card controller file updated driver exists,

Thus an updated driver exists according to the system and regardless of uninstalling the device and rescanning or updating driver I am left with a windows generic driver from 2002 which refuses to be updated and is always found by the device ...... how can I force it to update!!!! there is a hotfix on the clevo site for the 4GB SD card issue and the same problem applies

Many thanks

Dr B

here is the driver for the Card Reader:

Date:01/31/2007, Version: 2.00.01

as for the BIOS, these are Proprietary and are not interchangeable... and according to the Clevo website, there is no update...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

this is the same update as I have been trying to install without sucess, device is grabing the 2002 MS driver for some reason

The specified location does not contain information about your hardware"....

Tried your tip ( Many thanks) for I guess I need to ignore that flagged out of date driver as the Clevo card reader looks to be incompatible with the upgrade biosagentpuls.com suggest?

It doesn't even recognise the driver download from thier own website... thanks for the tip will atleast have a way to load the right one when I find it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back