Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BIOS upgrades 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoefie

Technical User
May 31, 2002
NL
Hi,

I have an ASUS A8N-E Mb, Targa version.
This Mb has a targa bios version, and as a result I can not flash it using the asus flash utility and new bios file downloaded from their site.
Have asked Targa already if there will be a targa version of the newest bios, but if this is not the case (as will be probably), does anybody know if there is an alternative way of updating my bios?

gr Rik

I'm not familiar with Targa, I'm assuming that they are a PC manufacturer? If that is the case then it would really depend on whether they just build systems with that ASUS board, or if this board is a specially designed version specific to Targa. If the former is true, then you should be able to use the ASUS BIOS update with no problems. But if it is the latter, then your only choice is going to be to wait until Targa releases a newer version of the BIOS.

It sounds like that is the case sense you are unable to use the ASUS BIOS and flash utility.

Thanks,

The manufacturer confirmed you story as well, at last.
so will need to wait for better processor support forever I am afraid...

rgds, Rik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back