Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BIOS updates for non DOS/Win9x users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thermodynamic

Technical User
Jun 22, 2000
US
I'm an avid NT 4 (now 2000 Pro) user.&nbsp;&nbsp;Assuming I don't have my aging DOS disks around, how'd I ever be able to install any BIOS patches?<br><br>Should motherboard companies now be responsible and make self-extracting files which create their own boot disks?&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm not the only solely non-DOS user out there, and unlike me some of them really DON'T have DOS in any way shape or form and they'd be SOL.

What I would do is get ahold of a win98 boot disk and copy the image to cdrom, that way if the floppy goes bad, all you have to do is copy the image to a new floppy. Or alternatively you could make the cdrom bootable. I am almost tempted to do this and put a bunch of useful tools on it as well.<br><br><br> <p> fenris<br><a href=mailto:fenris@hotmail.com>fenris@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back